Receptive tourism and Tours in João Pessoa
Tours in João Pessoa - Beaches of Paraíba
- - Tours are customized according to your interests (we see that during the trip), your pace, and tides;
- - The 2 tours "Urban North coast" and "South coast 3" are possible only with low tide;
- - We work with SUV 4x4, DIFFERENTIATED service, and we are not doing airport transfers. It fits up to 6 passengers into the SUV; with more people we go out with more vehicles.
- - The preference is for SUV 4x4 which is SAFER, MORE COMFORTABLE (including if it rains), and FAST, ALLOWING TO ENJOY TRIP OF 8H (2 more hours) ⇒ the 4x4 passes by more places!
There are 3 SUV 4x4 tours on the beaches of the south coast of João Pessoa (up to 8h with SUV for each trip ⇒ what we shall see WILL DEPEND ON YOUR PACE):
The "SOUTH 1" passes through the most famous beaches, and the "SOUTH 2", for a 2nd day trip, passes through more deserted beaches. OPTIONAL "SOUTH 2" + Barra do Abiaí for the price of SOUTH 3, only at low tide. The "SOUTH 3" combines the best beaches of "SOUTH 1" and "SOUTH 2", along with a great stretch on the beach to Barra do Abiaí: it is the MOST EXCLUSIVE tour, only at low tide: CHECK THE TIDE.
- South coast 1: Barra de Gramame (side Conde), Tabatinga 2, Coqueirinho, the naturist beach of Tambaba, Arapuca Beach and Portal da Jurema, with all the viewpoints and cliffs;
- South coast 2: Jacarapé Beach, Barra de Gramame (side João Pessoa), Jacumã Beach, Carapibus, Tabatinga 1, Barra do Graú and Bela Beach;
- South coast 3: Coqueirinho, the naturist beach of Tambaba, Arapuca Beach, Marcelia Beach, Barra do Graú, Bela Beach and Barra do Abiaí, with a long stretch on the beach, and all the viewpoints and cliffs.
The coastline of beaches south of João Pessoa:
The south coast of Paraiba is famous for the incredible beauty of its pristine beaches, each with its own beauty. Most of the route is within an environmental protection area, APA Tambaba, from Tabatinga beach to Barra de Graú (on the other side of Tambaba beach).
Colored sandy cliffs, the must-see viewpoints (access only via 4x4), mangroves and lush vegetation, form a unique combination. The south coast beaches of Joao Pessoa are of an indescribable beauty and every beach is different from the other.
It has cliffs, canyons, palm trees, pools and breathtaking views. For those who like the sea blue and pristine nature, this place is perfect!
There are 2 SUV tours on the North shore of João Pessoa: it is necessary to distinguish between the urban north coast (up to Cabedelo), and the north shore across the river Paraíba (in Lucena):
- Urban north coast: combines tourist attractions such as the Red Sand Island, the fort Santa Catarina, and the sunset on the beach of the Alligator, only at low tide: CHECK THE TIDE.
- North coast in Lucena: well differentiated from the south, allowing big runs on deserted beaches and shallow warm water of the Ponta de Lucena, until the wild Barra do Miriri.
It is best to do this tour when the tide is low in the late morning to enjoy the natural pools.
Lucena Adventure: We ride along the beach. With a 4x4 trail in the woods, passing by the ruin of Bom Sucesso, and the viewpoints going up above the cliff of Barra do Miriri.
The north coast of Joao Pessoa in Lucena, crossing the Paraiba river on a ferry: we visit the fort Santa Catarina in Cabedelo if the tide is high, the church Nossa Senhora da Guia and the ruin Bom Sucesso.
This tour mixes adventure and discovery in the woods, a gastronomy specialized in seafood, with the local culture.
For those who like rides on deserted beaches, this is the tour! Due to the geological structure, the beaches of the north coast of Joao Pessoa are extensive.
In the village of Lucena there are many fishermen; livestock circulate freely everywhere... nature is untouched. Lucena contains a major coconut plantation; it is known as "coco vale".
03.- The Manatee project and Indigenous villages (at low tide)
Photos of the sunset
04.- Sunset on the Alligator Beach (Only together with other tours)
Photos of João Pessoa and Tourist attractions of the city
Tourist attractions of Paraíba: the Brejo, the Cariri and the Agreste
06.- Cultural and gastronomical tours in Brejo (Alagoa Grande and Areia -OR- Brother Damian Sanctuary and the Snorer Waterfall)
07.- Tourism in Paraíba: itineraries in Cariri (We are not doing trips there)
08.- The Agreste of Paraíba: the Rock of the Mouth park (We are not doing trips there)
09.- Island of Itamaracá
10.- Olinda /Recife
- SUV 4x4 IS BETTER: For half of the places, only 4x4 have access ⇒ you enjoy more the nature;
- A SUV IS MUCH SAFER and goes through more places, with more comfort (also if it rains);
- WITH THE SUV, YOU HAVE 2H00 BONUS TIME to enjoy beaches;
- The tours are conducted with an ACCREDITED TOURIST GUIDE;
- THERE ARE NOT JUST BEACHES!: stunning viewpoints, 4x4 trails, tips and trip customization are important;
- Do not go out with the first buggy man who will only show half the things, and will not take care of you;
- CAUTION: some speaks of seven beaches, but will only stop in 4 beaches, not showing all viewpoints (only 6h of trip);
- IT IS ESSENTIAL BOOK IN ADVANCE: you will not get a place in time up!