Índios Potiguaras
    • Aldeias indígenas
    • Coqueirinho do norte
    • Coqueirinho do norte
    • Peixe-boi
    • Índios Potiguaras

    Manatee |Indigenous villages - Tour


    » Infos, PRICES and Booking


    - HOW DOES IT WORKS and the info to BOOK;
    - the TOURS and the PRICES;
    - the detail of the BEACHES (in the end)


    PHOTOS: Manatee, Indigenous villages

    VIDEOS: North coast Playlist


    Rating do serviço
    Be part of the thousands of happy tourists!
    Assessments: on Google | on the Web

    The Manatee project and the indians Potiguaras villages


    A well diversified tour, mixing Ecotourism (with the Manatee in the reserve of the Mamanguape River), 4x4 Trails, Local and Indigenous Culture (ritual with the Pajé Antônio), and also enjoying the Beach of Coqueirinho do Norte.

    Manatees are loose now, the probability of seeing them being 75% at low tide (the other 25% occur when they go at the source of the river to drink fresh water). The Boat rides are done only at low tide.


    Tour summary


    Manatee and marine Turtles boat Tour


    In the Potiguara village, with the pajé Antônio

    Located 92 km from João Pessoa, Baia da Traição received its name because when the Portuguese arrived, the Potiguaras attracted them to the beach with signs of friendship, to later kill and eat them.

    Those who stayed on the boat watched this without being able to do anything. The Indians practiced exo-cannibalism, eating enemies to appropriate their strength.

    Until the appearance of the Portuguese in 1500, the Potiguara population reached + -90,000 people. In the 16th and 17th centuries, the natives resisted the Portuguese colonization project. They allied themselves with the French, and then with the Dutch. After the Dutch undone in 1654, the Potiguaras were decimated.

    The Potiguaras (Tupi term meaning shrimp eaters) had Tupi Guarani as their language, living on the coast of Paraíba, Rio Grande do Norte, Ceará and Maranhão. The survivors remained on the North Coast of Paraíba between the Camaratuba and Mamanguape rivers.


    Top of page

    Related articles on blog

    No related articles on blog