Project Manatee marine in the Barra de Mamanguape

 
"The most complete Jeep 4x4 tours on the beaches!"
 
  1. We have the most complete tours on the beaches. 
  2. The tours are conducted by Jeep 4x4 ⇒ more safety, more comfort... and more beaches! 
  3. The tours are customized depending on your interests, your pace, and tides (VIP service). 
  4. We have exclusive Jeep-only accessible routes, with focus on ecotourism, showing all the beauties of nature. 

We work with LIMITED VACANCIES!

Rating do serviço
Be part of the thousands of happy tourists! Assessments: on Google | on the Web
 

by Vicente Paul By Vicente Paul

 

This page covers the project Manatee marine... the Indigenous village is here:

PART I: Project Manatee marine, Barra de Mamanguape | PART II: Indigenous village, Baia da Traição

 

Useful information

A well diversified tour, mixing Ecotourism (with the Manatees in the reserve of the Mamanguape River), 4x4 Trails, Local and Indigenous Culture (ritual with the Pajé Antônio), and also enjoying the Beach of Coqueirinho do Norte.

Manatees are loose, the probability of seeing them being 75% at low tide (the other 25% occur when they go at the source of the river to drink fresh water). The Boat rides are done only at low tide.

 

The project Manatee in the Barra de Mamanguape

 

Barra do Mamanguape

The APA of Mamanguape (Environmental Protection Area):

  1. Includes the municipalities of Rio Tinto, Marcação, Lucena and Baía da Traição;
  2. It is bounded by the estuaries of the Mamanguape and Miriri rivers, the APA has 14,640 hectares, composed of diverse ecosystems;
  3. They are mangroves, lagoons, beaches with dunes, cliffs, restinga and restinga forests and a coral barrier in front of the mouth of the Mamanguape River;
  4. Sandstone coral reefs are colonized by live corals, close to the mouth of the river;
  5. It has endangered species such as manatee, seahorse, mere fish, uçá crab and turtles (green and comb);
  6. The biome that represents it is the Atlantic Forest, along with mangrove ecosystems;
  7. Manatees reach 800 kilos in weight and 4 meters in size;
  8. They spend six to eight hours a day feeding on algae, sea grass and leaves;
  9. They live in both salt and fresh water, going up to the source of the river to drink fresh water.

Barcos de pesca e de turismo

Embarque no rio Camurupim

Barra do Mamanguape

Project manatee marine, Barra de Mamanguape

 

Barra do Mamanguape

Barra do Mamanguape

Barra do Mamanguape

Top of page

The beach of Coqueirinho do Norte

 

Coqueirinho do Norte

praia de Coqueirinho do norte

Coqueirinho do Norte

4x4 Trails in the Barra de Mamanguape

 

pequenas dunas em Coqueirinho do norte

Aquacultura

Jeep trail

PART I: Project Manatee marine, Barra de Mamanguape | PART II: Indigenous village, Baia da Traição

Top of page